Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 1 of Blog, an Intro

I am a mother of 2 little girls, ages 5 and 3 so basically, my house is on Barbie overload right now being that Christmas packages are still being begged to open all week.
I myself, am at a crossroads in my life, thinking the past few months, "theres gotta be more than this", but what?  I love my husband, I love my daughters, my job on the other hand is one out of convenience, an office manager (more like, lets give her an important title and no money manager)at a local small Law Firm, I work part time and have flexible hours to be able to spend time with the kids, on one hand its wonderful to have such flexibility, on the other, it's boring and I dont feel an purpose to why I stay (it will be 5 years in March 2011).  So in the last few months I have been thinking of what I could do in place of working at the office, my first idea was start a cupcake business, now I love to bake, but am not sure if I can make cupcakes every day in my small kitchen, nor do I know if I can sell them anywhere, which was my second plan, open a local boutique, the problem with this one is that I dont have the money to fund opening a business.  My thoughts have been to do something creative, but I cannot sew, nor am I very crafty, I mean, sure, I have done crafts with the kids and I draw a super awesome Elmo, but nothing to start a business from.  I too am envious of all these talented people who make items from home, which are gorgeous and have their own businesses and seem, well, HAPPY.  How do I become that happy doing something I love?  well this is the start of my journey to figure it all out.  I am sure there will be a lot of complaining along the way, but who cares.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You stopped by my blog and wondered about instructions on how to make cake pops. I mentioned "Bakerella" who is the absolute queen of this treat. She has a wonderful website, bakerella.com with all of the how-to's. She has also published a book called "cake-pops" that you can buy many places, including amazon! I hope you have fun with your cake pops!

    -Ashleigh
    beeinourbonnet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete